An Ethernet-based software managed system of automatic valves allows the user to choose the radioactive bolus destination cell. This will:
- avoid any manual switching operation, minimizing the dead time between cyclotron runs;
- check the destination cell via Ethernet and allow the delivery to the relevant hot cells respecting the required safety conditions only.
The system has a wide range of configurations available:
- management of up to n.16 different targets and/or arrival points
- real time selection and display of receiving hot cell through software interface
- input safety signals: hot cells safety state/target available for delivery/continuous monitoring of valves status
- output safety signals: delivery allowed
- bolus delivery time measurements and record from cyclotron to cell, for the delivery line real-time check up
As an option, the valves can be provided with a Lead shielding.